A Look at Reflections

Welcome to my blog. Reflections, was the name of the weekly column I wrote for sixteen years for three different newspapers. That chapter behind me, this new version of Reflections will run here with hopes that, like my columns over the years, each post will lead you to reflect, mull,  ponder and perhaps occasionally use to enhance your life. I hope you will read my first post, From Reeling to Healing.
Early in my journey through the grief of losing my husband Bill, I likened the journey through grief to walking a labyrinth. A labyrinth is used for meditation and reflecting. It is a circular but single path taking those who walk it to the circle's center. The path goes first in one direction, then another opposite direction. It goes around, back and forth, in towards the center and back out to the edge several times ultimately ending in the center, a place of enlightenment and peace. Like grief the journey is far from a straight line and often feels as if we are going nowhere or repeating our steps.
We walk many labyrinths in the course of our lives. Though I will write about many of these, this blog will focus primarily on one of the most difficult of life's journeys; that of loss, death, grief, and grief healing.  I will also write about nature, spirituality, meditation, personal growth, and well...whatever moves my soul, all in hopes that it will touch your soul and assist you as you walk the labyrinths of life and loss.

Come journey  along with me, if you will. I welcome your feedback and comments and will respond to them. You can read more about me on the About page. I am also building a list of resources (websites, books, blogs, articles etc.). My email address is available on every page, at the top and bottom.

You can subscribe to this blog using RSS or email.  You can also read my first post: From Reeling to Healing.
Cataloged: general grief, labyrinth, reflections, blog

Comments

Anne
03/31/2014 9:07am

Good luck with this new adventure. I know it will be a huge success because it all comes from your heart.

03/31/2014 9:27am

Thank you, Anne. Did you get my blog via email today? I am checking that the first mailing went out. Mary

Anne
03/31/2014 3:31pm

It is 1:30 PM here in AZ and I have not yet received your blog through email yet. Perhaps later in the day.

Anne
03/31/2014 3:33pm

I am getting a message that there is an error submitting my comment. So I am trying again.

Anne
03/31/2014 3:35pm

I tried to reply but I received a message saying that there was an error. I have not as yet 1:35 PM AZ time received an e-mail for your first blog.

Mary Friedel-Hunt
03/31/2014 4:19pm

Not sure why you are getting an error. I just added your name to the list. Maybe that is the problem. I am so sorry. It will take time to get it going properly, I would guess.

DEB KOSMER
03/31/2014 5:44pm

Mary, this is wonderful. Knowing you, as I do, I am not surprised. You have so much learned wisdom and experience and this will provide an opportunity for many more to be blessed by it. It is also a beautiful way to honor Bill.

Mary Friedel-Hunt
03/31/2014 7:53pm

Thank you so much, Deb. I so appreciate your support and kind words. Looking forward to seeing you late April...along with Lou LaGrand. :)